The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) has launched an unique app called “BBMP Green”, which enables people to get various tree saplings free of charge for planting them in their homes and neighbourhoods, and taking care of these saplings like their own children.
These are small actions anyone can take to make Bengaluru as the top most Green City in India.
You can place a request for tree saplings by filling in your name, mobile number, select the tree species and number of saplings, the location you want to plant and your ward number.
1. You can place a request for up to 50 saplings.
2. A resident’s welfare association (RWA) can get up to 200 saplings.
Here is the Step by Step procedure on how to use BBMP GREEN app
Step 1: Your Profile.
Please provide your Name, Mobile number and then Press Next to proceed.
Step 2: Select Sapling.
Select the Tree Saplings from the sixteen different varieties of saplings which are available with the BBMP.
16 SPECIES GIVEN FOR FREE TO PLANT
• Wood trees: Honge, Mahagony
• Flowering trees: Holedasavala, Huvarasi, Sampige, Basavanapada, Tabubia, Jacaranda, Tabebuia Guayacan
• Fruity beating trees: Kadubadami, Jamun, Gooseberry, Cherry
• Medicinal trees: Neem, Simarouba, Tapasi
Step 3: Set Location.
Set the Location you want to plant using Google maps inside App and Click Next.
Step 4: Submit.
You can see your ward and your reference number for the request.
After the completion of all these four steps, then you will be notified by SMS acknowledging your request and further intimated to collect your saplings from the respective BBMP Park in your ward.
These nurseries are in Kempapura (East zone), Atturu, Dairy Circle, Kempapura (Mahadevapura zone) and Koodlu.